NHS Choices, Stages of your pregnancy - On this page you'll find detailed week-by-week guides and lots of expert videos, parents' tips and interactive tools to explore.
NCT, pregnancy and birth - Information for both mums and dads on what to expect during all stages of pregnancy and giving birth.
Best Beginnings, Baby Buddy - A free app designed to help you through your pregnancy and the first six months of your baby's life.
Once your baby is born
- From Bump to Breastfeeding - a set of helpful films by Best Beginnings from mothers about their breastfeeding journeys. It gives useful information on the benefits of breastfeeding and tips for new mums.
Immunisations and medicine
- NHS Choices, Vaccinations - this page gives advice and guidance on what immunisations babies and children need. The page also features a handy calendar to help you plan GP visits and keep up to date with the schedule.
- NHS Choices, medicines for babies and children - Medicines aren't always needed for minor illnesses like coughs and colds. However, if your child does need a medicine, it's important they have one that's right for their age and you know how to give it to them safely - this page covers several key topics, including, antibiotics, taking your babies temperature and ibuprofen/paracetamol advice.
- NCT, parenting - Life as a new mum or dad is exciting, challenging and tiring. Here you can find articles about life with your baby or toddler including feeding, sleeping, health and development, communication and baby care basics.
- The Lullaby Trust - The Lullaby Trust raises awareness of Sudden unexpected infant death (SUID), provides expert advice on safer sleep for babies and offers emotional support for bereaved families. It also has information on swaddling and wrapping your baby so they are safe to sleep.
Looking after you
- Best Beginnings, Out of the blue - a set of helpful films from Best Beginnings on understanding the importance of good mental health.
- Mind, postnatal depression and perinatal mental health - Explains postnatal depression and other perinatal mental health issues, including possible causes, sources of treatment and support, and advice for friends and family.
- Shelter, advice on housing - Useful information and advice on how to claim housing benefits, council housing and homelessness.
- Eatwell guide - A useful chart showing the types of food you should be eating each day to help you have a balanced diet.