The National Unit is commissioned by the Department of Health and Public Health England to support the delivery of FNP locally and oversee the programme nationally. Our role involves:
- Providing training and clinical guidance to family nurses and nurse supervisors
- Ensuring that FNP clients receive the highest quality support
- Developing adaptations to the programme so it remains socially, politically and clinically up to date
- Overseeing research and evaluation to highlight the effect of FNP and early intervention
- Developing products that help improve outcomes for children, focusing specifically on pregnancy and the early years.
We're a small team, based at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. If you've got a question for us or would like to know more, get in touch!