This accessibility statement applies to https://fnp.nhs.uk/
This website is run by Public Health England. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- View most content with page zoom up to 400 % without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to and use most of the website using a screen reader (including recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some aspects of site navigation are difficult when using the keyboard only
- The contrast ratio of some text and non-text items falls below the required ratio
- Page titles are not unique or descriptive
- Some video content is lacking captions and a transcript.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format (e.g., accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille) please contact us on FNPNationalunit@phe.gov.uk
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Public Health England is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations.
- Some video content does not have captions (Captions (Prerecorded) 1.2.2)
- Alternative ways (such as audio or written transcript) of describing what actions happen within a video are not present (Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) 1.2.3)
- Some text does not meet the minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1 (Contrast (minimum) 1.4.3)
- Some non-text content does not meet the minimum contrast ratio of 3:1 (Non-text Contrast 1.4.11)
- The navigation menu is not fully accessible via keyboard use only meaning some users may struggle to reach certain sections of the website via the main navigation (Keyboard 2.1.1)
- A skip link is present on all pages however this is currently not working as desired and does not help the user skip past the navigation menu (Bypass Blocks 2.4.1)
- No pages have unique or descriptive titles, and all share the same title of ‘The Family Nurse Partnership’ (Page Titled 2.4.2)
- Some buttons within the page content are not keyboard accessible (Keyboard 2.1.1)
- Link purpose isn’t always clear as link text lacks description or obvious purpose (Link Purpose (In Context) 2.4.4)
- Some interactive page elements were not labelled correctly meaning no accessible label was available to users of assistive technology (Info and Relationships 1.3.1)
- Buttons are implemented inconsistently (Name, Role, Value 4.1.2)
- No alternative text is present for some images (Non-text Content 1.1.1)
- Text is embedded in images across the site rather than providing this information in plain text - meaning users cannot customise the look of site content to suit their needs (Images of Text 1.4.5)
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on August 16th, 2021. This website was last tested on December 1st, 2020, by CloudKubed, who performed an evaluation of 5 pages against all level A and AA success criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. Content was selected to ensure a good representation of different pages, templates and components were included in testing.
This website's accessibility will be reviewed on a regular basis. We will update this accessibility statement with any relevant changes.